Monday, July 27, 2009

The Ten Year Nap


The Ten Year Nap by Meg Wolitzer is about 4 women who have chosen to abandon their careers and to stay at home with their children , after their children have started school they begin to have their doubts about if they should stay at home or return to the work force .How valid is their reason to stay home when their children are at school all day and with after school activities .I myself have been a stay-at-home-mom for almost 19 years .My youngest will start school in a year and I am finally awakening from my own Nap.I have enjoyed staying at home immensely and I certainly think it is worth it , but now I am ready to combine having children and work.I could relate to some of the women in this novel and enjoyed reading it .

No comments:

Post a Comment